Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Big Fat Sigh

I haven't been writing a lot.  Lots of stuff in my mind & going on.  Serious poor eating choices being made here folks.

Let me just give you a little recap/idea: questioning several relationships/trying to figure them out, not being able to find a job, worry over my unemployment running out, money being tight, my car leaking transmission fluid & getting worse, bed bugs (you can read about that here & here) & most recently slicing my finger open really bad & having to go to the emergency room for 5 stitches & not having health insurance.  This is what's been happening in the last 2 months.  It's a lot.  Is this my rock bottom?  Can it get worse?  I sure hope not because I honestly don't know how much more I can take.

Anyway, I'm not going to complain, at least not is this blog installment (wink wink).  I ran last Sunday, it was hard.  I did W3D1 of the C25K.  It was sooooo hard.  I wanted to quit halfway through.  But I didn't.  I finished it out and I was glad I did.  That night is when I cut my finger.  I've given it a few days to get "better" & I made a date with my friend to run today.  I'm glad I did.  It was hot & humid, but I felt good after.  I posted a status on Facebook that I wished it were possible to bottle that feeling up.  It's so easy, well for me, to allow external circumstances to derail me.  It's so easy for me to seek comfort out of food.  I don't know when or why this ever started for me.  I don't know if I will ever figure that out.  Maybe I should really focus on using exercise as a way to cope.  Transference.  I can at least make an effort towards that, right?  I can't guarantee that I will be successful every time, but I can certainly try.

The actual reason for this blog is about Zumba.  As you all know, I am a volunteer at the YMCA.  I love the Y & the people I have met & gotten to know.  Well, last Friday I got a call to volunteer at a Zumbathon.  It didn't do it, but I watched.  It was about 90 minutes of Zumba with several different instructors.  They do take breaks.  On the table they had a flyer for the next Zumbathon.

The next Zumbathon is on 9/23 from 6:30pm to 9:30pm at the Hardyston Middle School around the corner from me.  This Zumbathon is to benefit a child at the Y.  No child in particular, it's just to benefit children.  The minimum for this is a $15.00 donation (all donations are tax deductible).  They offer other sponsor opportunities: 8 weeks of swim lessons for $80, 8 weeks of camp for $90, Blue Mountain Day Camp (3 weeks) for $885, YMCA Youth annual membership for $234, YMCA Teen annual membership for $338 or any other donation you would like to give.  Any amount will help helpful.

I plan to do this.  I'm inviting anyone who would like to join me.  It's for a good cause and if you haven't had a chance to try Zumba, you can for as low as $15.00.  I think it's going to be a lot of fun.  You have to pre-register so if you're interested, get in touch with me & I will give you the information.  We can meet here, at my apartment & I will be offering a pre-Zumba snack for energy!!!!  I hope I can get a few interested people to go with me.  I know a couple of the Zumba instructors (that's how I roll hahaha) and it's going to be a lot of fun.  It's something I actually am looking forward to.

I've planned a Monday morning run with my friend.  I'm thinking of going to the Y tomorrow for a little cross trainer action.  Nothing to strenuous since I've really slacked off in my exercise but some movement is better than no movement, right?

I'm hoping for some Zumba partners!!!!  I look forward to hearing from you!!!!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment