Sunday, January 8, 2012

Oh My Belly....

The smoothie idea this week went really well.  I actually feel like I have a bit more energy.  Probably from the vitamins & stuff.  I have been adding Mila into them.  If you need a refresher on Mila, read this.  All the fiber I have been consuming, even in liquid form & my belly is one hot mess.  I think that means I need to drink more water.  I do drink it all day long, but I guess it isn't enough.

I went to the store today to get some more smoothie supplies & a couple other ingredients for a little recipe I found on Pinterest.  Are you familiar with Pinterest?  It's my new addiction.  I love it.  You can find all sorts of things on there.  I happened to find some delicious recipes, healthy & unhealthy alike.  If you'd like to follow me on Pinterest, you can get me here.

Have I ever mentioned my love for Quinoa?  I just adore it.  I'm going to say that it will be an acquired taste for some.  I happen to like it a lot.  I also happen to have posted one, if not two quinoa recipes.  If you need a refresher or would like to know what quinoa is read this.  I haven't tried any sweet quinoa recipes, only savory.  Today, on Pinterest I ran across this recipe for Cheesy Quinoa Bites.

I was intrigued.  I had mostly everything & the ingredients I needed were but mere pennies!!!  Go me!  I didn't want to spare the expense of buying Parmesan cheese, plus I didn't want too much salt.  So I got Cabot Extra SuperDeeDuper Sharp white cheddar cheese.  I'm sure that isn't the exact name, but it is Cabot brand. I substituted that instead.  So I whipped me up a batch & yes, I do have a mini muffin pan!!!  I made sure to have a tester bite when they came out of the oven.  They needed salt.  Go figure.  I also tried them with a dash of fat free ranch dressing & a dash of hot sauce.  The hot sauce was perfect & saves some calories too. So I packed some up with some liberal dashes of hot sauce.  Score 2 points for me!!

I'm still looking for part time work.  I'm very stressed over it.  At least I attempting to make better food choices, right?  That's a good thing  :)

Hopefully you will check me out on Pinterest & maybe you will try the recipe I suggested or something else I've posted!

:)

e -

No comments:

Post a Comment