Friday, August 13, 2010

Mila

I've been to the gym every day this week except Monday & that was my long hike in the woods. My eating hasn't been exceptional but it hasn't been poor either. I'm middle of the road. This whole lay off thing has me in an awful funk. I've been working really hard at the gym. My bum is sore from my cardio. I haven't lifted weights, I've slacked somewhat in that area. The gym is what's helping me keep my sanity. I constantly think/rethink/over think everything lately. I need structure & don't have it right now. The gym provides me a little structure each day. I picked up my mail the other day & there was a flyer from the Y. They are going to be offering Zumba in the fall & I'm pretty excited. It's an 8 week class with a fee but I think it wil be worth it. I will let you know my revelations & discoveries as I take it.

On Tuesday, my friend Elysia gave me a bag of Mila. Lifemax is billing Mila as the Miracle Seed. Mila comes from the Chia seeds. Fascinating, right?? Elysia's mom Linda is selling it. Elysia's dad has been taking it for a month. He has high cholesterol. He didn't do anything but add a scoop of Mila a day to his diet. He didn't change his eating habits or what kinds of foods he ate & his cholesterol went down 15 points. Another friend of theirs, Dawn, doesn't do anything to control her blood sugar, she is a diabetic, and by adding the Mila to her diet (again, no other changes) her blood sugar has been in control.

I had to get some groceries Wednesday & got some things to add Mila into. I started it yesterday. Elysia advised me to drink A LOT of water. I will tell you I have had a lot of furgly gurgling in my belly. There is a lot of fiber in the Mila. There is a lot of a lot of things in the Mila. I have included several links for you to check it out. The website mentions how people notice immediate differences. I can tell you I am cynic so I was doubtful. Today, being the 2nd day I have taken it I have had quite the diminished appetite. Maybe it's all the water, maybe it's all the soluble fiber. I don't quite know. Yesterday, I mixed it in my oatmeal. Today I stirred it into low sugar orange juice. The Mila will become gelatinous if it sits in water & Elysia said if you mix it in yogurt & let it sit some, the yogurt will expand. It is a tasteless product. I will be monitoring my blood sugar as the days go by. I know just how to exercise to lower my blood sugar a lot so I have to be careful.

I've only been adding 1/2 a scoop. The suggestion is a whole scoop. I can't imagine how much gurgling would be going on if I did have a full scoop!!! I'm not suggesting you buy Mila. I'm asking that you read my blog & see what happens with me & you read about Mila. I ate lunch between 11 & 12 today & I'm still not hungry for dinner. We will see what there is to come......

Happily,

Elizabeth
grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment