Saturday, August 7, 2010

128 + 789 = ?

Disclaimer: Please note that any numbers I write about pertain to me & me only. I share them because I think it helps understand the work/progress.

128 + 789 = ? What does that mean? What does it equal? I will tell you....

We will start with 789. That's how many calories I burned on the elliptical today in 60 minutes. I'm a nasty, sweaty, gross mess right now & I love it. My mood is splendid. I always feel this sense of calm after I exercise. It's such a wonderful, peaceful feeling. I know I've said it before, but I love exercise. But I digress.....

Onto the 128. That was my heart rate 3 minutes after a burst of more intense work. I like to measure the amount of time it takes for my heart rate to slow down after intensity. I've noticed the last few times I've gone to the Y I have had to work really hard to push my heart rate up over 132. I mean, really hard. The highest I could get it today was 147. Anyway, I got my heart rate up to 147 & held that for about 5 minutes & then checked it every minute for a total of 3 minutes after to see how long it takes to slow down. After 1 minute it was down to 136. After 2 minutes it was down to 132 & after 3 minutes it was down to 128. All that means is my heart is becoming stronger & more efficient at pumping blood through my body. That's a really good thing.

So......128 + 789 = to movement toward better health.

While I was truckin' along today I had some realizations. About 2 years ago, I made a decision that would turn my life upside down. While I had to work through some things, other stuff had to be put on the back burner. I put exercise & eating healthy on those back burners. I couldn't focus on doing those things for myself when I had other issues pressing immediately. I had lost about 60 pounds. I've gained 30 back since then, I know so unhealthy. Well, I've gotten everything else in my life in order except for eating right & exercising. Well this week I was given a blow that could be very detrimental in losing my job. Then I had a thought. I now have the free time to put exercise & eating right on the front burners. I can make them a priority so that when I find my new superly awesome dream job, they will already be a stable factor going on in my life & I will be able to fill a job in around them instead of trying to fit them into an already busy life. That made me really happy.

Have a great day everyone!!

Happily,

Elizabeth
grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment