Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Similarities...

So I know I've mentioned the "crazy lady" in my head. She & I fight a lot, about my abilities, what I should eat, how I should feel. I'm pretty sure she will always be in my head, trying to cast doubt but I need to learn how to keep her quiet.

Ironically this week I have gotten one e-news letter & read 2 blogs along the same "crazy lady" topic. They are about dealing with fears & learning to trust yourself. I believe we are all emotionally stronger than we give ourselves credit for but it's hard to realize that when we compare ourselves to others & are so very hard on ourselves. I am most guilty of that. I'm going to share what I received & read this week with you.

The e-news letter is from the Eat Clean Diet website. I am a member and I get a weekly newsletter (which I look forward too!!). I feel strongly about eating clean & the principles behind it. Please feel free to check out the website. There is a lot of information. Also, check out Tosca Reno, what an amazing inspiration she is!!! Anyway, click here for the newsletter.

The first blog I am going to share with you, my friend Leah shared with me (Thanks Leah!!!). It's such an inspiring blog, I identify with it so much. It's real. It's extremely well written. Leah sending me this blog got me out of my exercise funk, honestly. It's what has motivated me to get back to the gym. Once you check it out, you will probably read the last few years of posts, I know I did. I always refer it to the Bitch Cakes blogs. Click here for her blog.

The second blog is by a friend of mine, Amy. Such an amazing writer that girl is. She has a dry sense of humor & is very matter-of-fact. I know the whole family & they are all the same way. Her parents are two very funny people & her brother has the same sense of humor. Great people. Amy is a triathlete. An inspiring triathlete at that. Amy's writing is very real. She offers great advice. It's very easy to identify with. Sometimes I think she is writing from my head, as if we are having the same thoughts, oh wait, we do!!! She gives me great perspective when I'm in a little funk & either comments on something to ease me out of my funk or just happened to write in her own blog. Her blog is awesome & to read it click here.

I hope you all check out the things I shared today. My funk hasn't been with exercise but with general doubts in myself. I plan to read everything again & process it. They were all good reminders.

Happily,

Elizabeth
grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like Bitch Cakes; I don't know what it is about her, but she's really motivating! I'll have to check out Amy's blog, too.


    Have you ever tried meditation? I took a meditation class once that literally blew my mind! It taught me how to give the crazy lady credit, but also to give her a day off once in a while. I'll be glad to share more info if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete