Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bollywood

So I have a slight new obsession. I'm very interested in Bollywood music & dance. I have some great Bollywood type songs on my iPod, they are great to work out to. Before I get to the explanation of Bollywood, I have to back track some.

I have a couple of shows recorded off of Fit TV on my DVR. I have a couple recordings of Shimmy, which is Belly Dancing, All Star Workouts & Bollywood Dance Workout in case I didn't get to the Y to exercise.

Well, I didn't get to the Y today. I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night, a lot of anxiety over my job, er previous job, how they handled things, finding a new job - all the things included in that. I finally fell asleep around 3am. I was up at 6am to feed Hailey & the boy & I dozed but didn't really sleep & got up about 9am. I ran errands & did some laundry then came back & cleaned. I was starting to feel guilty for not exercising. It's becoming as if I HAVE to do it everyday. I mean, yes, I should do a little something everyday, but I'm feeling a little crazy over it. I guess better crazy over the Y than a bag of Lays, right?? Anyway, I don't like to go to the Y too late, I really enjoy exercising in the morning. So I decided to try out one of the shows I recorded, so I tested the Bollywood Dance Workout.

Wow!! My thighs were burning, my heart was pumping & I was sweating. It was only a 30 minute show. I didn't even do it to full capacity because I was trying to get the moves down, plus my thighs were burning. To learn about Bollywood, I have included a clip about it & it's being explained by Hemalayaa, the girl who "taught" the program on Fit TV.

I couldn't find the whole episode for you, but here is a small clip to get an idea. As I sit and write the my butt is also burning. Hemalayaa laughs & tells you to smile & pretend to enjoy the workout even if things are burning. I actually looked at my TV a couple of times like: "really, seriously?? WTF???"

It wasn't easy doing moves I'm not accustomed to. It's also not easy when Hailey thinks we are playing & was all up in my grill when I bent over. Anyway, it was a good 30 minutes & I've set my DVR to record a couple of others. I can tell you if you're interested, they have her DVD's on sale on the Fit TV website, the link is at the top of the page. Hopefully this inspires you to check out something a little different!!

Happily,

Elizabeth
grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment