Friday, August 20, 2010

Sweatbands

I'm gonna need them. I really have to look for some. I've been working really hard at the Y. I don't care that my shirt is soaked or I have ass cheek/crack sweat. I feel great.....sort of....

This whole losing my job thing has really got me in a funk. I have to force myself up out of bed in the morning. It's been very hard to get up. But I do it. I take care of my babies, then I get myself some breakfast & head to the Y. It seems to be my new way of coping, which isn't a bad thing.

I was worried about myself, that I would return to coping in my typical ways. But I haven't. I bought chips for the first time 2 days ago. Because I had company. Guess what? There are still a whole bunch left. I also would have had wings like every other day, no joke. But I haven't. I suppose my head is on better than I have been giving myself credit for.

As I said, I've been working hard at the Y. I don't do anything less than an hour. I haven't lifted weights because I have to redo my sheet Donna gave me, I just haven't had time. I see to be more busy now than I was when I had a job. I don't know how I did everything! Today I did my 60 minutes on the cross trainer. I pushed myself really hard today. I finished with a resistance of 10 & a crossramp of 14. I did that for the last 30 minutes of my time. The other 30 minutes was spent with less resistance but at a faster pace. My lungs feel wonderful & so does my body. I've notice my posture improves when I am done. I have more energy throughout the day.

I'm really glad I joined the Y. I'm starting to become face friendly with the staff. I love that it's so family oriented & everyone is so friendly. I got a flyer in the mail from the Y that was advertising their fall classes. I saw Zumba listed & I was excited about that. I spoke with the lady at the desk about signing up. I had to wait until yesterday, when it would be available for online registration. They are offering 3 classes. My only concern was that is I pick & pay for a class, what happens if I got a job? I'm going to take advantage of my unemployment for a little bit & work on me. Anyway, I asked & should I get a job that interferes with the class I signed up for, I can change to a different class, no problem. How awesome is that? I have a list of other classes the Y offers, some free, some not & I think I may take advantage of some. Why not?

I'm trying hard to "fake it until I make it". I'm really scared that I don't have a job, I will be without health insurance. I have a lot of anxiety but I'm trying my best to rely on exercise to keep my head in a healthy place because I don't know what else to do. I know everything will work out, it's just getting through it all.

Happily-ish,

Elizabeth
grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I have a boring, black nike sweatband- I think you need something dripping with crystals & glitter, maybe?
    Great job keeping up with the gym routine! Can not wait to hear about zumba, everyone I know who tries it becomes seriously addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like your sweatband, do you wear it? I'm thinking I will need wrist bands too, of course pink, glittery & jewel covered as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to craft up something for you! Do they sell sweatband material?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know!! We should look on fabric.com

    ReplyDelete