Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11, 2011

Today is a big day, which I will get to.  I need to give you some stats first.

Weigh in was up 2.4 lbs.  Whatevs.  I had some salty foods & it's about "that" time.  My emotions have been getting to me.  I've had really dumb things said to me bother me more than they should.  I gave in to temptation.  But you wanna know something?  I managed to track complete days.  Not just breakfast, or half a day, complete days, in a row.  That is huge.  It's all a journey, remember?  I am human & far from perfect.  I wake up EVERY SINGLE DAY TRYING.  Some days I'm successful, some days I'm not.  I'm me and I am very happy with me.

Ok, so for the big news.  Like to hear it?  Hear it goes:  I ran a total of 16 minutes today!!!  That's right, 16 minutes!!!  No, the 16 minutes were not straight but I did 2 five minute runs.  FIVE MINUTE RUNS!!!  That is huge for me!!!  It was hard, my calves were screaming at me but I pushed through it.  My lungs didn't catch on fire & my heart didn't explode.  I did it!!!  It was also all uphill & into the wind!!!  HAHAHA just kidding, but it felt like it.  It's an extremely breezy day here in NJ.  The sun came out & it was glorious. 

Let me break down Week 4 of C25K for you: a brisk 5 minute warm up walk, run for 3 minutes, walk for 90 seconds, run for 5 minutes, walk for 2.5 minutes, run for 3 minutes, walk for 90 second, run for 5 minutes then walk 5 minutes to cool down.  It was slow, it was hard but I pushed.  I didn't stop.  I didn't walk when I should have been running. 

As I was doing my cool down walk, I got to the top of this little hill & took everything in.  It was awesome.  The sun, the view, the mountains.  I got a little teary eyed.  It shows progress. I'm really very happy with myself. 

I know I need to really get my eating on track.  In reality, I have a lot more good days, full days of eating than I do of bad.  Most days it's not even full bad days, it's snacking.  But the important thing is I continually work & try at it & there is more good than bad.  It's a balance I can live with & have no guilt about :)

Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment