Friday, April 29, 2011

Work

It seems I have some work to do.  Don't get too excited, I didn't get a job.  I saw Seth yesterday and it did not go well at all.

But first.....after all the C's I consumed: chips, cheese & cake, I was only up 1.5lbs.  I don't think that's bad considering.

Second, I am a new volunteer at the YMCA.  I will be working in the Wellness Center greeting all members, seeing if they need assistance, would like an orientation & just to see how things are doing.

Ok, on to Seth.  I left a complete wreck yesterday.  I haven't cried like that in a long time.  Big, fat hysterical tears.  I suppose a lot of things have been compounding on me: no job, money is tight, a crazy neighbor among other things but I didn't expect to discuss what I did yesterday.

It's finally occurred to me why I emotionally eat.  Yesterday I was talking about some things with Seth & it's very apparent I have extremely low self esteem & that affects a lot of my personal relationships.  So when I get frustrated I eat, because of how I handle/deal/don't deal with things. 

I am not sure how to raise my self esteem up.  I suppose I am going to have to figure that out.  I don't know where to start.  I almost don't want to do it.  But it's work that needs to be done. 

I'm sure I will be figuring a lot of things out in the near future.  Work means progress and that's always good......right?

1 comment:

  1. Give yourself some credit, mama!
    You're going through a lot of challenges right now, and you're still finding it in yourself to give to others in the form of volunteering= AWESOME!
    Crossing the finish line of a race, reaching lifetime goal,finding the perfect job for you: You WILL be rewarded, as long as you don't give up!!

    ReplyDelete