Friday, September 16, 2011

Ray of Sunshine

Well, things were pretty bad the last time I wrote.  I know it's hard to understand how someone is feeling unless you are in their shoes at the same exact moment in time.  When you're worried about everything, not hearing back about jobs, relationships are strained, it's so hard to see things in a positive light sometimes.  It's really hard.  It's hard to be happy/pleasant/excited/anything positive.  When you cry a lot of the time, how do you do that?

Well, last week, at the advice of a friend, I stepped out of my comfort zone & applied for a lot of different jobs. Wednesday night I applied for one, at a local Army Arsenal - a dream place to work for a lot of reasons for me.  But then again, any job I was applying to was my dream job!  The next day, while I was volunteering, a recruiter, for the Army job called me!  So I called her right back when I got home.  She felt I was an extremely excellent candidate for the position & asked me if I'd like to temp & that while I was temping, they would interview me for the permanent position!!!  How awesome!!  Of course I said yes!!!  So I have been working this week & it's been great!!  Such an improvement to my being & self worth!!  I just needed something.

Now, Monday, the most exciting day for me, there was a HUGE spot of some nasty ugliness.  Bad.  Very bad.  I'm not going to share it on this forum.  It was worked through & dealt with & things are moving forward.  After that, everything has been great.  My mood has been great. Funny thing.....

I've actually been eating better.  It's just sort of happening.  Probably because I have more structure to my day.  Probably because I'm feeling better about myself in general.  I even seem to have more energy.  It's not perfect, but a huge improvement.  Also, being in an office where weight & body fat is discussed a lot & I see paperwork with the words "Weight Reduction Program" on it is giving me a slight complex.  So maybe this is all a good thing.

Things are looking brighter.  I'm hopeful.  Keep your fingers crossed I get the position permanently.  Honestly, I don't know how the Army has lasted so long without me!

On a side note/reminder:  Next Friday is the Zumbathon near me.  So far it's just me & one other person.  Here is my post where mentioned it.  The deal, with snacks is still included.  Please let me know if you're interested!


With that, here's to many things improving!!!

e -

No comments:

Post a Comment