Sunday, February 28, 2010

Framily

Framily. It's a new word I just made up. I make up a lot of words. This one is an awesome made up word. You will see.

I love my mom & brother very much, they are my biological family. We don't live near each other & are only fortunate enough to see each other maybe once or twice a year. We all talk regularly though. We all have busy lives with schedules that don't coincide but the love is there.

I had lunch today with my friends. We have busy lives with different schedules, blah blah blah but we try to get together as a group when we can. We talk, we laugh, we had a great time. Getting together never feels like we haven't seen each other for a few weeks or even months. It's like we were together the other day.

Sitting with the girls today reminded me how they are my unbiological family. The talks we've had, the joys & sorrows we've shared. The many laughs we have already had & I'm pretty sure we will continue to have. I have all that with my mom & my brother. It is so great to know that our friendship has really turned into our very own family unit. They are the sisters my mom didn't actually give birth to. I'm sure my mom is happy for that, it would have been a lot of pain on her uni. I'm pretty sure that my mom is also happy I have friends nearby when I need them. I know I'm happy my mom has a bingo bunch :)

So, my friends are my family, my framily. I couldn't have met better ones. I didn't get to choose who my mom or my brother were going to be. I got pretty darn lucky in that department. But I did get to choose my friends. I think my choices were pretty great :)

Happily,

Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Love the post girl. I like that new word of yours Framily. I know that for me my friends are very dear and I would consider them my framily. I don't know what I would do without many of them. They help keep me focused and grounded. We laugh and cry together. I am truly blessed with the friends I have.

    Keep making up words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't see!!!! Love you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without framily, many of us would be lost. Those of us who find it are very lucky. Those of us who find it in one another are even luckier.

    ReplyDelete