Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Get Out of My Way!

The kind of day I had today would have been a chips, wings, pop, if it's not nailed down I'm eating it & don't try to effing stop me. My hormones were raging, I'm overwhelmed at work & extremely overtired. I had a slight break down today with tears involved.



As I sat at my desk, I started thinking how a hot fudge sundae would be tasty. Then I thought I needed something salty so chips would be good too. As I thought more I was ready to pass on the ice cream & just have hot fudge. Then I was trying to plan my evening to get all the "provisions". Then I decided it wasn't worth it. I went back to my original plan. Have the dinner I planned & bake the Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. I was in some desperate need for chocolate.

The recipe is in my Clean Eating magazine. It said with these six ingredients you'd want to sink your teeth into these cookies. They are gluten free, no-flour, dairy-free & low in sugar. I figured I would give them a shot but I had some doubts. I mean who wouldn't, all the good stuff would be missing, right?

I mixed everything up, didn't taste the batter like I usually do. I want to truly enjoy the finished product. I put them on the cookie sheet & baked them up. They don't bake for very long. Well, they came out of the oven looking pretty tasty. You really have to wait the amount it says to cool. I don't have my cooling racks & I had to cool them on a plate.

This is what the final baked product looked like

Let me tell you something, these cookies rock!!! Oh my goodness!!!! I couldn't believe it. Absofreakinlutely delicious!!!! Wow!!!! Two cookies satisfied my need for chocolate. It was all I needed.

I have more of a point than talking about cookies too. I worked through some emotional stuff today without food. HUGE! I also compromised. I made something a little more healthy, still have the chocolate my body was needing. I got what I wanted without doing it in a destructive way. That makes me very happy.

If anyone would like this recipe, I will be more than happy to share. I have set up an e-mail for this blog, feel free to e-mail me directly, anytime for recipes, encouragement (to & from), motivation (to & from) or for anything really. You can get me at grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

Happily,

Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy~ I can't believe you ate only 2, that's some serious will power.

    I used to ask myself "what is the worst thing that could happen if I don't give in to my cravings" & I couldn't really think of anything that bad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, it wasn't will power to only eat 2. They are that satisfying!!

    I know what you mean about giving in. It's a constant battle with me. One day I will win out more often than losing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete