Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Enemy

I am my own worst enemy. I sabotage myself. I let myself get defeated by myself. Some days it's easier to get over it, some days it's not.

I've had a lot on my mind. More things than people actually know, with the exception of one person. Every day I wrestle with self defeating thoughts. I usually refer to them as the "crazy lady in my head". Lately, for the past couple of months, she's been extremely vocal. I'd love to put a pillow over her face & smother her, but that's not going to happen.

Today I'm struggling with my own internal name calling & feelings of failure. This running or at least my attempts to run is showing me my weakness. I don't like it & I am having the thoughts of giving up before even starting. It's over whelming to me & add in the crazy lady & well, I want to seclude myself from everyone until I get it all figured out. Logically, that isn't possible so I have to continue on, wrestling & plugging along.

I know I shouldn't give up. I most likely won't. But I do feel the fears rising inside of me. I have to find a balance. Part of me wants to see how successful I will be this first 5K, then to do another & see how much more I accomplished & continue that cycle. Part of me can't get past the burn in my calves or the jiggles I feel that bring out all of my insecurities. That all makes me not want to put myself out there. I want it to be easy.

Work, in any capacity is difficult. I don't like it. I don't like when things are difficult. I suppose without work, no one would feel accomplished. No one would strive for more. Today is a tough day. There are a lot of things I want to give up on. I suppose I'm going to try to work through most of them. I'm not sure I can do it alone. I guess that crazy lady in my head will help me.

Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. you know we all feel this way about our selves no matter what! You can think someone has it all together BUT really they have a better facade going that is all. Hang in there I think your challenge to yourself is awesome and I wish I had so much drive as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it means anything you inspired me to make a small step and commitment that I wouldnt have made without you putting your self out here on a routine basis. I'm going to do the JP Chase Morgan Corporate challenge. Its short only 3.5 miles, and I am walking it with a co worker who is pregnant, but its a small step, thanks in part to you!
    I have that same voice in my head... I would love for her to go away. I just wanted to thank you and say you can do it too!!!
    Jules!

    ReplyDelete