Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Negative Self Talk



That is a childhood picture of my brother & I. Aren't we cute??

Negative Self Talk...We are ALL guilty of it. Please don't try to tell me you aren't. It's doesn't always have to do with how we look. We beat ourselves up for a lot of reasons. I've been watching this new show on TLC called Thintervention. I've been a huge fan of Jackie Warner since she had her show Working Out.

Anyway, at the end of her show, with the weigh-in she had the cast members bring a picture of themselves when they were children. The had an exercise to do. Jackie pointed out that the way we talk to ourselves NOW in our lives, we would NEVER speak to a child that way. They had to discuss the moments in the pictures & some very hurt & sad feelings they had as children. Huh, what a concept? This got me thinking.....

Maybe, instead of asking myself what is wrong with me if I have a slip up with food, maybe I will just tell myself it's ok, tomorrow is a new day. I would never tell a child, or myself as a child that they were a failure because some chips were eaten. Because I'm not, no one is.

Again, we are all guilty of negative self talk. I'm going to make a good conscious effort to not do it anymore. I hope you will too.

Have a great day!!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment