Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rut Schmutt

Today I'm a little sad, but not for the usual reasons. I'm missing some things.

I miss Donna. I miss lifting weights with her & talking with her. I just don't do it on my own like I should. It isn't that I'm not capable because I know I am. I just miss working out with Donna. I miss working out with Donna & Elysia. When we lifted weights, laughing & talking, encouraging each other. I miss that. My time with Donna had to come to an end, not because either of us wanted it to, but because of my budget constraints. It wasn't even because I joined a different gym. Leaving the ex, supporting myself on the income I had, it just wasn't possible. Now that I've become unemployed my budget is even less. The one thing I didn't give up was my membership to the Y. I've cut everything else that I could possibly cut.

I also miss having the companionship of someone working out next to me. Elysia & I would make time to meet & we'd do our cardio. We didn't talk when we did it. We had hand signals & facial expressions. We'd decide on how long we'd go. Then, after, we'd do some extra work with bars in the gym. We'd count for each other, help each other. I miss that too.

I suppose I'm just feeling sad & lonely in the exercise department. I do the same exercise, elliptical, with the exception of Zumba. I'm in a rut. I suppose I have to get myself out of my rut & excite myself over exercise. I suppose I should finish up this blog & get my booty over to the Y.

Vent Over.

Thank you.

Continue with your day :)

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment