Friday, October 29, 2010

Huh? Running, fun???? What??

Today I am confused. Or delusional. Or insane. Or all of the above. I'm not quite sure and I don't know if I want to figure it out.

Since I was laid off, I have been back to exercising regularly. I took Zumba because they offered it at the YMCA and it's something I was interested in. I also believe in changing up your workout because your body becomes used to the same thing.....anyway, I digress ( I do that a lot, I warned you a while ago).....

In my Zumba class I made a friend, Ashley. My sweet friend Heather suggested I make a friend at the Y and ironically, it was right after I posted this blog, Ashley suggested we start making dates for the Y & working out together. Coincidence??? Maybe & it's been great!! We work out hard & it's fun. Yes, I said fun. Wait until you read what else I have for you, ya might want to sit down.....

I've started back up with the Couch to 5K program because next September my lovely friend Leah and I are going to run the Tunnel to Towers 5K together. Knowing how I operate, I had to start this October for next September. Go ahead, roll your eyes, I have at myself, I should really be able to do the program in the 9 weeks, but I know me......

Anyway, Ashley has started it with me. It's been much easier to do it with her next to me. Plus, we make it a point to meet up. We plug our headphones in to my musical selection, I have loaned her my other iPod, and we set the treadmills & go. Trust me it isn't easy, I'm huffing & puffing & sweating. My feel my ass jiggling, EVERYTHING jiggling, but I'm doing it & I'm having fun & loving it!!!

That prior paragraph is the lead in to my point. Yes, I have been encouraging you all to try something new since I've been having such a good time at Zumba. Well, while it was new, I didn't feel uncomfortable doing it. This whole wunning/wogging/jogging/running thing is very new to me. I never thought I would ever wanted to run. In fact, I think I swore I would NEVER run. Well guess what? I'm doing it. Please don't think it is easy for me because it isn't. It's very hard. My bum cheeks hurt, from running. My abs are sore, from running. Sure, I tried the C25K before & didn't successfully do it, but I'm trying again. I'm pretty sure that means I'm not truly a quitter. Maybe just a delayer....hahahahaha.......

My point is I'm doing something outside of my comfort zone. It's hard & I struggle, but I'm doing it. I think my confidence is building, because I am doing something that is a little harder for me. It helps to have a friend with me. Grab a buddy, heck, if you want to join Ashley & I you can, or if you want to do something else & invite me, call me up!! I feel so good afterwards, after any exercise. I wish I could bottle it & share the feeling, it's divine. I have so much energy throughout the day. Oddly, all the things you hear or read about exercise are true!!!

I also have something else that is making me very happy. Back in my old life, my home world & my NJ world were always separate. The ex didn't know anyone from home. No one from home knew the ex. Now, Jay has met several of my childhood friends & it's starting to seem as though some of my childhood friends are going to be meeting my NJ friends. I'm going to be seeing my friend Leah in a few months, my friend Sunny lives close to me.....the fact that my "worlds" are starting to be just one, makes me happy to tears.

Sure, I have some stress & things on my mind, but in reality, life is pretty great for me & I have a lot to be thankful for. Lungs that feel great, legs to carry my, a heart that beats, people who love me, people I love, Hailey, the boy, Jay........Me.

This weekend is going to be nice. As I mentioned before, I'm doing some hiking tomorrow. Get out, do something, anything. Just enjoy & live life!!!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment