Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Zumba - Week #7

"Boom Boom Shake Shake & Drop, that's what your momma said"

I have that lyric running through my head from Zumba today. We do shake shake & drop too.

Have I mentioned my calf muscles since I started Zumba? No, I didn't think so. I'd like to dedicate today's Zumba blog to them.

My calves are starting to get some definition when I flex the muscles. That is from 1 day a week, during a 45 minute class. We spend a lot of time jogging in place, doing Latin rhythms/steps, just a lot of movement, on our toes. I think my point here is if you think by doing 1 class a week, it won't be worth it, you are wrong. If that's all you're capable of then you should do it. Today I am very happy I took Zumba for a lot of reasons. I did something outside my comfort zone and I've made some new friends.

I took the advice given to me by my friend Leah last week & I spoke with the YMCA about financial aid. I picked up an application and will be filling it out to see if I qualify. Even if my monthly membership is covered, that's a big plus. I'm going to ask if they will cover at least one of the classes that are for a fee for me, so I can continue Zumba & take hip hop in January.

I've also been thinking about continuing Zumba for lots of another reason. I love it so much, I'm considering keeping up the whole exercise work, weight loss blah blah blah & becoming a Zumba instructor. Jake makes it so much fun, we really do have a good time. I like that feeling, a lot & I want other people to have that too.

Last week is the last week for my session of Zumba. The next session doesn't start until November. Hopefully, I can get the aid, otherwise, I have to find the extra cash to take the class!!

Thanks for reading!!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment