Monday, October 18, 2010

The Human Machine

I. Am. A. Machine. Not such a finely tuned one, but I'm getting there. Hey, aren't we all works in progress?

I write this with a belly full of plain non fat Greek yogurt, sweetened with some honey & some chopped walnuts for texture. I forget how much I like that. Being on such a limited budget makes it tough. I just can't go buy fresh fruit & vegetables when I'm out. I don't have any cash to spare. I'm sad to say I won't be able to take Zumba during the next session at the Y, it's just not in my budget. Anyway....

Yes, I am a machine. I remembered that today, with great pleasure. I've been lifting weights regularly for 2 weeks. Yeah, I know, it hasn't been that long, but that's the most it's happened in probably almost 2 years and that is a really good thing. It's funny how quickly the body responds in a positive way to exercise, any form of it. In 2 weeks, I've increased the amount of weight I have been lifting during particular exercises. I'm no where near what it once was, but I will get there. It might sound weird, but I pay attention to my muscles and how they work when I lift weights. The feeling of the stretch you get, the burning, the shaking, I really love all of it. My shoulder has been bothering me for a few weeks. I don't know if I slept funny, moved funny or worse but as I continue to lift weights, it feels better and better. Funny, huh?

After I did my weights, I then did 45 minutes of cardio on the cross trainer. I don't work as hard on the cross trainer on a weight day because my legs would burn out too quick. I do maintain a moderate pace & I noticed today that with my heart rate at 135, I was breathing through my nose. That's right, my lungs & body are performing better than they have been so at the pace I keep, I didn't need to huff & puff. Awesome, but I need to step up my work. Makes me happy. When I got home, I did some planks & some ab work with my awesome weighted bars that Jay made me. So I had a good 2 hour workout today.

Today, I feel good. My whole workout today was a good reminder of what I am capable of & who I am. I am feeling confident & a little sexy. Lately, I've been feeling down-in-the-dumps & dejected. So today is nice.

Happy Monday Everyone, enjoy your day!!!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. wow-You ARE a machine!

    you don't have to give up on ZUMBA!! The Y offers financial aid... And they'll let you work off your membership ;)_

    ReplyDelete