Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Zumba - Week #5

I still love Zumba. A lot. More than you could ever know. It makes me happy. It's such a fun class. I smile throughout the whole thing.

Last week I asked for you all to try something new. I'm happy to report that I apparently inspired someone to try something new. My friend Leah. We go way back, back to high school. Leah has her own blogs she writes. I haven't shared them with you because I didn't ask her permission first. Hopefully she will let me share them as I think they are pretty great!! Anyway, here is Leah's comment from the last Zumba blog:

"Me! I've tried something new thanks to you. Zumba isn't in my budget at the moment, so we've improvised and been trying out some of the dance/exercise shows on the exercise channel and have been having so much fun. The kids actually bug me to do them & we usually end up dancing around for over an hour. I totally don't even realize that I'm working out, it's so fun :) Thanks for the inspiration!"

I think it's just wonderful that Leah & her kids dance around & check out shows on TV. I know Leah will agree with me that any movement is good for you!!! What's great is she and her kids do it together, what a great way to spend time & get a little workout in without realizing it!!! You go girl!!!!

I'm also going to share with you a couple of videos, for the songs, that we dance to in Zumba.

The first song is a Celia Cruz song - La Negra Tiene Tumbao. I have lots of Celia Cruz on my iPod for some time. I like Latin rhythms in general. Yes, we gyrate, booty pop & shake our hips, throughout the entire class. Anyway, we move & shake it to this:




Another song we dance to is Daddy Yankee - Impacto ft Fergie. Again, another song I had on my iPod already. What can I say, I have an ear for good beats!!!




The last song I will be offering you today is by Beenie Man. I have a lot of Beenie Man on my iPod but not this particular song, yet. I'm going to do my best to describe the "movement" that we do throughout this song. As you listen to the song, you hear "gimme gimme gimme" over & over again. During these parts we do this quick jogging, on our toes to the rhythm., I'm sure you've seen football players do it. We move forward for 8 counts, then back, then left, then right. At the end, we do it in place putting our arms up, then down. Also, this song doesn't come on until the near end of the class. So imagine, jumping, shaking, popping, gyrating for about 35 minutes before doing this. Fun Stuff!!!!



I hope you enjoy those & they inspire you to move. I also have an offer for you. If any of you would like these songs, or just need some new music to get you inspired, I will be more than happy to send you a mix CD. I'd just need your address, which you can message me privately at grazingthroughlife@gmail.com.

Enjoy!!!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh~ I'm famous(and one day I'll try zumba, too)!! thanks for the shout out :)

    Keep Zumba-ing, lady!!

    ReplyDelete