Monday, October 25, 2010

Which Way to the Beach?

That phrase makes me laugh. Which Way to the Beach? Jay says it to me (he changes his voice & everything) & does the pose. I don't have a picture of Jay doing the pose, but I should get one. Anyway, here is a picture for your viewing pleasure:

Ok, off my digression....

I've made a friend from Zumba. Her name is Ashley & we've been meeting & working out together. It's been nice just to have someone there. She started doing the Couch to 5K (C25K) program with me yesterday. Ironically, it made it much easier to do. Well, today our asses were sore. Yeah, from jogging. I think the total jog time was about 7 minutes too. Can't figure it out & who cares, we know we are working our asses off....literally. Anyway, I suggested that we go hard with the weights today since we started off great yesterday. I told Ashley her ass will call me to thank me. I flexed my arm, doing my best "which way to the beach?" impression & we laughed & we worked it. I will be walking like Frankestein later, that you can count on.

Anyway, I've started the C25K again because I have a goal. It's kind of far off, but it gives me time to keep up with the program. I think, since Ashley is doing it with me, I won't be stopping, which is kind of refreshing. My "Big" goal is to do the Tunnel to Towers 5K with my friend Leah from high school. She has two blogs, both worthy of being read too. Storybook Ranch and Life by Me. Please give them a peek!! Well, Leah is coming to do the run with me. You can read all about Stephen Siller if you click on his name. This year will be the 10th anniversary of the World Trade Centers and what a better way to give tribute than to participate in the 5K. Consider this an invitation to join Leah & I that day.

So that is a longer term goal. Ashely & I talked about finding some local 5K's to do in the spring, after we've been jogging together for some time. I'm actually looking forward to see how far & well things progress for me.

I know I'm always saying to try something new. This weekend coming up, it's going to be nice. By nice I mean high 50's to low 60's & sunny. Jay & I are going to do a little hiking. We are going to check out Buttermilk Falls & possibly the Dingmans Falls again. There is one difference. Each of the waterfalls has staircases that climb to the top. I swore I'd never climb to the top. Ever. I do believe I actually suggested to Jay we climb up both staircases. I don't know how many steps are involved, but as you all know, I will report back to you!!! So that's my trying something new. Climbing stairs. For fun. Yeah.

So tell me about the new things you're doing, different stuff you're trying. Hearing stuff like that helps to keep me motivated. Apparently I've inspired 2, yes 2!!! people to try new things. What's the worst thing that could happen? You don't like it? I'd bet you'd be surprised & you might actually enjoy yourself just a little.

Thanks for reading!!!

Elizabeth

3 comments: