Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Zumba - Week #6

I'm gonna need someone to come help me change my shirt. Oh, and my pants too. Jake flipped it up on us today, which I will get to.

I have been lifting weight again, well, I've done it twice in the last week, which a lot more than it's been for a while. I've been meeting my friend at 7:00am & we work out together. It's been great. Well, Monday, I lifted weights & I did a nice full body train, then I did 45 minutes of cardio on the cross trainer. As the day wore on.....I could feel it.....I could feel my workout....

I used the adductor machine. It's a machine where your legs are spread.....well, let me just get you a picture. Click here to see the machine. You can change the amount of weight you do, I think I had 90 pounds on there. It works your inner thighs & your groin muscles.

Then, after that I went & did the leg press, two sets. I also did 90 pounds there. Then I went & did my cardio, the cross trainer, where I raise the incline on the machine so it works your butt more. 45 minutes. Fabulous.

By the end of the night, I was groaning because standing up, sitting down, changing seated positions, not sitting with my legs spread......all painful. You see, the muscles on the inner thighs, that attach your thighs to your bagina, that's where the pain is. The stairs were/still are painful. Yesterday it was worse. It's bad today, too. Usually the worst pain is not the day after you work out, it's 2 days after. That means I had to do Zumba today, 2 days after I tortured myself.

Jake changed up Zumba. He changed some of the moves in a couple of the songs. He also added weights in. Yes, I said weights. I picked 5lb weights thinking they'd be light enough. Yeah, right. Try swinging those suckers around at a fast tempo. My arms were BURNING!!! Then we added some different leg moves, think squats & my bagina muscles started burning EVEN MORE BECAUSE THEY WERE ALREADY ON FIRE!!!!!! Hence the reasons why I will be needing help dressing & undressing!!

I do have to say, Jake makes the class so much fun. We really do have a good time, so while everything is burning we are all smiling & laughing & having fun. What a frickin' gimmick, I tell ya!!!

Jake is teaching Hip Hop in January at the Y. I'm really excited for that. I can't wait to see what it's like. I think it's going to be so much fun! If I have a job by then, I'm hoping they offer the class in the evening so I can still take it.

I also have some info to share. Dance Expressions in Hamburg, which is right in front of where I live is offering Zumba.......for $3 a class!!!! Click here for the info. I plan to take some of these classes. If anyone is interested in going too, please let me know, it will be fun to do it together!!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment