Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Working at it

I'm having some struggles. It's not the typical struggles you think, well for me. They are different.

I'm very physically sore. I tried a Cardio Sculpt class twice this week. Twice, I have been rendered incapable of formulating words, sentences or conversations. On top of the classes, I made a pact with my friend Leah.

You all know Leah. She is a childhood friend of mine and also a blogger. She writes The Storybook Ranch, her crafty home improvement/vintage/thrifty blog and she writes Being Vegan Again, her path back to a vegan lifestyle, which, to me, is extremely informative & has caused me to ask her more questions as well as thinking about making some changes as well. Anyway, Leah & I made a pact last week to run (think wun/wog for me as I, again, am working the C25K program) & to honestly report to each other. The reason we are reporting and being honest is because we are going to do the Tunnel to Towers 5K in September. Yes, I need that much time to get ready for a 5k.

So, I did my C25K before Cardio Sculpt. That is approximately 85 minutes of cardio. It's a lot. I'm guzzling water, sweating like a pig (I weighed myself before & after & I lost 3 lbs in that time!!) My ass hurts, big time. The outside of my cheeks down the backs of my legs. My hip muscles hurt, the tiny muscles at the tops of my thighs right next to my gini hurt. I know it's from my exercising. I didn't take Cardio Pump yesterday because I was so sore. I contemplated not even going to Cardio Sculpt because I was still sore. But I went & I did my C25K before hand. Why? I don't want to fail. I want to succeed, I want it all to get easier, because I know if I keep at it, it will. For the Cardio Pump & Sculpt classes & for the C25K. I just have to keep plugging along. What I like with the classes is that they show you how to modify the moves for your skill level. That gives me hope.

I'm also struggling with my blood sugar. I'm having troubles keeping it in the normal range. I am running on the low side where I get shaky, bad shaky. Shaky in my chest, like a fluttering. When I eat well, I don't have blood sugar spikes, but I take medication to control my blood sugar. I know I need a meds check but I don't have any health insurance, I lost that when I lost my job. I don't have any extra cash to use that to pay for a doctor's visit. I'm stressed over what to do. I know everything has a way of working out, or I figure out a solution, but I'm having trouble with this one.

Tomorrow is going to be another rest day. I can feel it already. Even sitting hurts. This is the third day it hurts to sit. Friday will be C25K & Triple Threat. I know at some point this "stuff" that I'm doing will be come easier, but until then I will continue to work at it.

:)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had an answer to help you with your blood sugar meds. I hope you can get it checked out, maybe call a clinic & see if you can be put on a payment plan or offer to do some work to barter for an appointment?

    I don't know how you can run & do the cardio sculpt and all of that other crazy intense stuff you do--You're like wonder woman!!!

    ReplyDelete