Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm Still Awesome

I'm happy to report that I squeaked out a 3.3lb loss this week. I think it's mostly from Friday-Sunday since I've eaten a lot of fresh fruits & vegetables & the fiber has kicked in.....several times. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I was awake for a while around 4am. Thinking. This not having a job thing is really taking it's toll on me. On April 5th, next Tuesday, I will be unemployed for 8 months. Yes, 8 Months. As I've been told in the computer lab, that's not so bad, there are people that have been unemployed for 2 years. As if that is supposed to make me feel better, but it doesn't. I'm to the point with money now that I hope to have a few sheckles left over after bills get paid to get a few groceries. Granted, I don't write this for pity, I'm trying to explain & work through my funk. I have a budget spreadsheet & bills are accounted for first, then some gas for my car, then food. As I've mentioned, it's much easier & cost effective to but frozen & processed meals. Because my budget is so tight, I'm noticing the prices going up. Take milk for instance. On sale it's $2.89 (I buy 1%). Costco's regular price for the same thing is $2.72. Milk not on sale is about $3.79, give or take. How do people with kids do it? I asked Jay to help me & he got me milk & an ass load of raisin bran from Costco. And all those fruits & vegetables I've been munching on. So with that, I worry constantly about money, that everything is budgeted right. I apply for jobs & don't hear back from anyone. The thing is, I am awesome, as I mentioned in my last post. I, for the life of me, can't figure out why someone wouldn't hire me. I'd be a great asset to any business. I'm smart, a good problem solver, great at multi-tasking, I have initiative, I'm a people person with superb people skills, you name it, I have it. I suppose the right thing will come along, when it's right. I'm thinking I should stop worrying about what's not happening & focus more on getting better at this running thing. I've planned my 3 running days this week for the C25K program. I will be meeting up with my friend Elysia to work that program outside. Even in the cold. It's not butt cold like my friend Amy is running 8 miles or more in, but it's still cold. So I will be adhering to my pact with Leah of working C25K. Running outside is much harder on a treadmill. I don't know why, but it is. Either way, I'm moving forward with that. Here's to being focused & succeeding at being awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment