Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Four Words

I went to the Y this morning & I've decided to modify what I've been doing. I am a cross trainer junkie. It's my preference to do cardio. I know I've explained I like to work hard, burning 100 calories every 8 minutes. Sometimes I burn more calories than that when I'm working. Today I decided to keep things moderate, for me. I didn't set the intensity as high as usual. I just kept a moderate pace for an hour. My heart rate stayed between 118-121. I didn't even need to breathe with my mouth open. I did break a sweat though. It was nice & pleasant, if you can call any kind of exercise nice & pleasant ;)


Anyway, I have more to it than that. Last night a friend of mine told me she needed to refocus and asked me if I would move closer to her. My suggestion to her was to pick one thing to stick with today to help getting back on track. I suggested something simple like getting all her water in or all her servings of fruit. See, I don't feel that you have to make every single change all at the same time. I think that will set anyone up for failure because it's hard. Since learning to eat right, with moderation & good choices & exercising & living life, well something will give. I've suggested it before to other people. Pick one thing & stick with it & when it becomes a "natural" occurrence, add in something else. Just keep doing that & eventually everything will fall into place. Well, I hope it does :D I've been told by more than one person I offer inspiration. Wow! I think it's awesome, but I feel a little unnerved. I don't want to let anyone down!!

Yes, I've been doing well on WW this time around. My mind is different. I think that's why. The difference? I stopped beating myself up if I want something or have something. Yes, I still over indulge, but it isn't like it used to be. I make sure to exercise if I want something extra or "special". I've been making it a point to always have my water. Why should you feel bad for having something that isn't "ideal"? Life is about moderation.


A few years ago, on my birthday, my friend Wendy gave me a set of glasses. Some of you actually know Wendy, but only one of my friends & me have had her as a WW leader. Wendy is awesome in general. Wendy as a WW leader - AMAZING!! She's so easy to talk to & so honest & just wonderful. Anyway, I took pictures of the glasses she gave me. They have writing on them. They aren't filled with juice, but water I colored with food coloring. The writing didn't show up other wise.





















Excuse how the images are placed. I lack some skill in this area.

Soar, Imagine, Believe, Inspire. That's what they say. They have been in my cabinet since she gave them to me. Those four words are all something we should aspire to.

If you take anything away from what I post take this: Know that you aren't alone. I understand how you're feeling. I know how hard any kind of struggle is and knowing that you aren't alone, makes it just a little less lonesome. I'm fortunate & very grateful that I have the strong, wonderful and amazing people that have come into my life. Not everyone has that. Well, not anymore.....

Now, with that said, if anyone needs to "talk" you can email me at grazingthroughlife@gmail.com. We can start there. If you need to vent about struggles, tell me about your success, tell me how beautiful the blue sky is today, send it to me. This way you know you are never alone in your journey.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Great words!
    Thanks (again) for the reminder to drink more water; it's a great baby step to start getting back on track :)

    ReplyDelete