Saturday, February 26, 2011

Better Day

I'm feeling better today. Well, just a little. Yes, I'm still insecure. I don't think that will ever go away. I suppose I could TRY to stop worrying or planning everything out. I think my insecurities have to do with control, well, lack of control, meaning I can't control everything. It's hard not to worry about things.

Tomorrow, I'm going to take a Cardio Pump class at the Y. The description: A full body workout that combines intervals of cardiovascular and strength training exercises. Use of weights, tubing, bars, steps, and balls will all be incorporated into this energizing class. I have a slight fear I might not be able to move later on in the day. The class is offered twice a week. If I like it (and survive it) I will take it again on Tuesday.

On Friday I will be trying a class called Triple Threat, again, providing I survive Cardio Pump. The description: Hardcore circuit class including sculpting and cardio. Of course, I will give you detailed descriptions of these classes.

I'm really hoping that they get me back into lifting weights. I only do cardio right now. I really need to start building up my lean muscle. As a reminder: LEAN MUSCLE BURNS FAT MORE EFFECTIVELY. That's why men lose weight faster than women, they have more muscle mass naturally than women do. Mind you, I don't want to bulk up, I want to tone up. Lifting weights is good for you, your body will like it. Trust me. Go ahead & try it.

I'm not sure if you all know, but I'm still looking for a job. It's very frustrating & discouraging to send out my resume, often, and to not hear back from anyone. My resume is kick ass, if I may sound a little arrogant for a moment. I've also figured out the least I could make to survive at a better rate than I am trying to right now on unemployment. I'm sure that not working doesn't help my insecurities as well as my self worth. I'm currently wrestling with the decision to start looking for a job in Manhattan. There are a lot of jobs, that pay a lot more than local jobs do. It's just the thought of commuting. The long hours & leaving my Hailey girl inside for so long. Living alone doesn't help that. I used to go into NYC (all 5 boroughs) at an old job. But I had to travel throughout them all over, so I know what it's like. The thought of working in an office, daily makes it seem a bit more doable. I also realize that working long hours really will affect my exercise & eating habits & I don't know if I want to compromise that either. I have to make a list of pros & cons & really weigh things out, what's important.

I'm not sure if my fingers will work after Cardio Pump tomorrow, if they do, I will tell you all about it. If they don't work until Monday, then you will hear about it on Monday with my weigh in update.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment