Sunday, February 27, 2011

Walnuts

So I tried the cardio pump class today. This little thing of a muscle lead the class. It's pretty packed too. We needed to get a step (to use at whatever height we felt comfortable with), 2 sets of weights, light & heavy, a weight bar & a rubber band thing.

It was like a club with the music. It was non stop, for an hour. By the time I was done, I was as sweaty as I am when I get off the elliptical after an hour. I liked the class a lot. I won't be able to walk......ever again......but I did enjoy it.

I learned some new exercises with the weight bars that I can do at home for my legs, I liked that. Basically, it seemed as though we did squats for an hour. At the end, when we were on the floor doing some hamstring work, I couldn't do it, things started seizing up. But I'm pretty sure I can crack a walnut open with my inner thighs now :)

I did impress myself by doing dips on my step with my weight bar. I've never done actual dips before & I'm pretty happy I was capable. Look at that, I am capable.

I will probably continue with the class. It's free & I get a double workout, weights & cardio. Plus, I'd like to see how I advance, use heavier weights, make the step higher, not have to rest at times. Plus, the lady who was leading had a nice butt & that's how I want my butt to look. I'm pretty sure it's from all the squats & squat type exercises we did. Leg press, squats, lunges, those are all exercises that get your butt looking nice. You have to put the work in, you don't get it by wearing special "sneakers".

I have some free passes, if anyone wants to try the class. You're welcome to come with me.

I'm going to try to do some vacuuming & a little cleaning. I haven't moved since I got home. I'm hoping to be able to get into the shower too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment