Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Anyone Steppin' On Me, You'll get Burned

If anyone case guess what song that line is from you will win a prize!! That prize will just be my admiration for you for knowing the song!!! HAHAHA

Anyway.....

I know I wrote I went to the Y twice yesterday. Not so much. The first time I went, it was crowded & there weren't any machines available & I got pissed off & left. Then I was going to go with Jay when he got home from work but he had something important come up last minute that he had to do & I went with him.

I know the Y was so packed yesterday because of an impending snowstorm. It still amazes me the panic people get in here in NJ. It was supposed to start sometime after midnight and last time I checked, it's supposed to go through Thursday evening. Don't rely on me, I'm not a weather person.

When I got up this morning, there was only a dusting. There were so many school closings. I checked to see if the Y was closed or would be closing & didn't see anything so I called over there. I was told they didn't have any plans to close early. AWESOME!!! So I had breakfast (Whole Wheat English muffin (toasted), 1 cup of blackberries, 2 Tbsp of Naturally More Peanut Butter & an 8oz glass of 1% milk) & got ready to go. It was snowing, but nothing major. When I got to the Y, yes, I drive even though I can see it out my slider, there were all of 10 cars. SCORE!!

I had my choice of what to do. I decided to make the most of it, in the event I can't get there tomorrow. So I jumped on the cross trainer for an hour. At 24 minutes in, I became very happy. I guess that's what you call endorphins?? I love that feeling. I forget how great it feels. I was working really hard too, sweating, but enjoying the time. My music was good too, which I will share with you at the end of this post. I only share my music selections because you may be looking for something new. I like when others share their playlists.....

When I finished with the cross trainer I noticed I wasn't out of breath & had tons of energy. So I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I walked at a brisk speed, 3.8 but I also had an incline of 4.0. I only listened & walked to 2 different songs: "Closer" by Ne-Yo and "Not Myself Tonight" by Christina Aguilera. I felt so good when I finished. I hate that I forget how good I feel when I exercise. I wish I could bottle that up when I get into a funk.

I was glad I chose to go to the Y. There were all of 7 people exercising. When I was finished, there was barely a dusting of snow on my car. I'm really glad the weather wasn't what they were calling for this morning. I really needed those exercise moments. I also picked some goals for myself. Yes, losing weight and having a healthy lifestyle are long term/lifetime goals. Kind of unspoken goals. The 2 I picked might be silly to someone else, but to me they are important. The first one is to fit into a pair of jeans I bought years ago that I have never worn. They were very expensive jeans that I got on sale for $20. They are faded and distressed & have hung in my closet for over 5 years. They are only 1 size below that I wear now. I haven't picked a time frame, I just want to work to get in them. My second goal is to be able to see my collar bones. I don't think they've ever been visible, well, once, they slightly appeared after I had food poisoning & lost 12 pounds in 2 days. Depending on how I stand & move my shoulders you can see them now. Currently, I'm 4 pounds heavier than when I went on the food poisoning diet ;)

So that's where I'm at today. As Leah commented yesterday, this time of year is tough for a lot of people. Me included. Today I feel great & hopefully you feel great too. If not, do a little something to make you feel a bit better. :)

Today Cross Trainer Musical Selection:

Ching-a-Ling - Missy Elliot
Ching-a-Ling - Missy Elliot (I listened to it 2 times in a row)
It's All About the Benjamins - Puff Daddy & the Family
Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman
You Make Me Sick - Pink
Silly Really - Per Gessle
Jump Around - House of Pain
Sikidim - Tarkan
Mi Gente - Kumbia Kings
La Nina de La Trenza Negra - Celia Cruz
Imma Be - Black Eyed Peas
Hope You're Feeling Better - Santana
Sending All My Love - Linear
Return of the Phantom Stranger - Rob Zombie
Murder She Wrote - Chaka Demus & Pliers
Return of the Mack - Mark Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment