Saturday, January 8, 2011

Something is Different

Today, my mom & I ran a few errands & I was telling her something is different with me. In a good way. I knew with her coming, I'd have some indulgences, but I had already made the decision to be accountable for everything. I have been 100% accountable for everything I have eaten since 12/27. I am so proud of myself!!

That leads me into the "something is different" part. Because something is. Not once have I felt the need to binge because something is stressing me. Yes, I have stress. I don't have a job, money is tight & all my bills are behind to the point I am getting phone calls. I send my resume out & hear nothing. I'm trying hard to stay positive though. Anyway, I haven't felt the need to binge. My typical coping mechanism. I haven't once felt like I was going to panic to get the foods that give me comfort. Something is different. Again, it's probably hard to understand if you don't cope with food like I do. I feel different, emotionally. I like how I feel. Wait. No. I LOVE how I feel. I feel so in control. It's such a great feeling!!

I worked hard this week, since I knew my mom was coming. I exercised a lot. In fact, if you're familiar with WW & how the Points Plus works, I earned 81 activity points. That's an extra 81 points I have to use (if I want) for my treats with my mom. We have not be gross with our choices either. Chips & dip, these Magic Pop rice things (0 points for 1 & 1 point for 2 & they are rather large!!) & hot chocolate pudding. That's all we chose to have together. I have lived with potato chips & dip & I haven't snuck any extra. Everything has been weighed/measured & accounted for. I enjoyed what I had, it was the perfect amount. Go figure.

On a side note, yes, I had a great week weight loss wise last week. I will admit I am a person who weighs every day. Sometimes multiple times a day. Anyway, I was noticing that my scale was delivering funky numbers. Some a couple pounds higher than my starting weight!! I ended up getting a new battery for my scale & things seem to be stable now. As far as I can tell, I'm down just a pound this week. Not quite as good as last week, but my loss last week may not have been as much as I determined due to the dying battery. Anyway, that really isn't my point. I still accounted for everything. I feel emotionally strong. Those things in themselves are successes as far as I am concerned. It's never about a number. It's about how you feel and I feel GREAT!!!!!

Sweet Dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment