Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

How did every one's New Years Eve go? Mine was filled with good people & lots of laughter!!! It was also filled with good food, which I will get to......

I made the most delicious Chipolte Cream spread, that is a Weight Watchers recipe. It's so good!! I'm glad I have leftovers!! I sliced up cucumbers to serve it on. I did have a couple, but....there was other food that was so much better!! Of course I indulged, not grossly, I had a little bit of everything & enjoyed myself. I did feel it this morning though.

When I finally woke up, my tongue felt swollen, my face felt super puffy & I had a sluggish feeling. I weighed myself & I was holding on to some water weight. I noticed some things tasted salty. Probably because I ate a lot less processed foods this week & a lot more fruits & vegetables. I just didn't feel great. Last night was a realization that it's more about the people than it is the food. That's not to say I'm not going to indulge on occasion & treat myself. I will just be getting all the good things in about 98% of the time.

This time on WW feels & seems different for me. This is the first time I have ever successfully tracked & eaten well on WW. That should tell you that even when you do the program half assed, you can still be successful. I'm not suggesting you do that though!!

I'm going to leave you with a quote that I read this morning in Bitch Cakes blog. It has to do with exercise & makes a very good point. She mentioned what her pilates instructor has said in class: Your brain will tell you to stop long before your body is ready to stop. Think about that. That is so true. She points out that when your body can no longer do any more, it will collapse. Amazing. What a thought.

I didn't make any resolutions this year. I didn't feel a need to. I started my eating right before the new year, because I was ready. Hopefully if you did make some, you will share with me what they are. Maybe you will find motivation to be successful whether they are weight related, exercise related, mental health related, personal growth related, anything, here.

Here is to an awesome 2011 for all of us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment