Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Need some Assistance Please.....

I need some help. Not the usual kind of help most people ask for, I think.

I'm still having trouble using my foods to cope. I still have mixed emotions about it. I'm a loon, I know. I struggle, I cope, my ways are changing (I think) & I'm confused.....whatever, get over it....yeah.....

I think I need a goal to get me back into my exercise groove. I'm still struggling a lot with that. I don't know why. My friend Leslie told me I always find my way back, but I'm still lost. I'm now trying to find a goal that doesn't cost any money, that isn't a positive exercise related goal i.e. better sleeping, weight loss, better mood, etc., because that really isn't doing anything for me.

Maybe you all should shower me with gifts say on a daily basis to get me to go to the Y!!!! Just kidding!!! That's terribly self centered & greedy. But I would like some suggestions on some different types of goals.

If you all (all 12 followers...) could give me some suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!!

Happily,

Elizabeth
grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. First, we ALL struggle from time to time. Even those of us who seem to have it together. Some days it really is just about telling yourself to do it.

    We look at goals as these big pictures things that we achieve and ... then what? Those really are outcomes. Goals are things we can control and they should be small and simple. Set a goal to sit with one positive thought a day for five minutes. Set a goal to eat two pieces of fruit a day. Don't set "negative goals" (like to "lose" weight or "not" eat "junk" food). Start small and see how things change without you even noticing it.

    Where can you focus on good things? There is always something good, somewhere in the murk of our lives. And if you can't see it right now, let me offer that you are a fabulous woman who is funny, smart and very brave for putting herself out there regardless of how many followers/readers she has!

    ReplyDelete