Friday, July 2, 2010

Meat & more, well, not so much...

I had my vacation to Middle America, Missouri to be exact. It was blazing hot, it was 100 degrees when we were picked up. It finally cooled down the night before we were leaving. It was a really nice visit with my Mom & Chauncey.



We did a lot, but ate even more. Pretty much we just ate meat. I could never do Atkins or anything like it. I need my fruits & vegetables. That fact became very clear, when I finally had a salad with my lunch on Tuesday & for the rest of the day & part of the next morning my gut was a firestorm.


Don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed my Waffle House hash browns, twice. I also enjoyed the ribs at the Wabash BBQ Oh my goodness!!!!!! So delicious!!! Jay had his leftovers for breakfast the next morning!!! We also had some corn nuggets. Those were good too & I don't consider them a vegetable, they were fried and all. We had delicious Midwestern beef.....needless to say, we had a lot of meat.

What did I learn? Everything in moderation. My body is still paying for all the meat consumption. Will I ever learn my lesson? Maybe, maybe not. It's not like I get out to the Midwest often for great BBQ. I suppose next time I should look harder for vegetables & fruits. The first thing I did when I got back & went to the store was get a bunch of fruit. Funny, well to me it is.

Anyway, I'm home & still full of meat. I don't think I would have done my trip any different.

Happily,

Elizabeth
grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Eating on vaca is always fun, but coming home and eating how your body is used to feels good. I am glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete