Saturday, July 31, 2010

Some Zucchini Recipes

I got a lovely bounty of home grown zucchini from one of the girls I work with. I have eaten zucchini everyday since Wednesday. It's so good & I don't want it to go to waste. I have 2 recipes for you today. One I've had (chocolate zucchini bread), I'm sure some adjustments & it could be made a little more healthy & one I made up. I don't have a name for it other than Quinoa & Zucchini Summer-ish Salad. I hope you enjoy!!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, well beaten
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup oil
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Blend all ingredients until mixed. Pour into 2 greased bread pans. Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 2 loaves.



Quinoa & Zucchini Summer-ish Salad

1/2 cup Quinoa cooked according to package
2 medium Zucchini diced
1/2 red onion chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Cook Quinoa & set aside. In large saute pan heat oil. Add onions, salt, pepper & garic. As that softens add zucchini. Let cook until soft but don't cook until mushy. Once the zucchini is ready mix in large bowl with Quinoa. Add lemon juice & feta, mix, adjust seasonings as needed.

Hope you all try these!!! Let me know what you think!!! I had 3 guinea pigs for my Quinoa dish. It went over extremely well. I like having people who are willing to try new things with me!!!

Happily,


Elizabeth
grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment