Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Who Can Stop at One??

I've been making a grocey list, as I need some things. I was mentally making a additions to my list & got to thinking about a couple of things.

I'm a shameless chip eater. I used to discriminate & only eat sour cream & onion chips. Then my binging went haywire & if a chips wasn't nailed down, it was going in my mouth. My binging also consisted of the same thing over & over. It would last a couple of days. My most favorite are what I refer to as "Devil Chips". The Lays Kettle cooked chips are what I am talking about. I'm pretty sure that something that tasted so good to me that I couldn't stop shoveling in was made by the Devil. If you've never had them, let me explain them to you. They are not too salty, thicker cut chips with a lovely taste. My eyes would roll back when I first opened a bag & inhaled their greasy scent. Sooooo Delicious!!!!

I can't tell you the last time I've had them. I don't want them either. See, as I budget, I would also figure out a way to get my necessities & my binge things. It occurred to me today, that I really can't tell you the last time I had them while I was grabbing my banana for the day. Ironically, my fruit is in a bowl that sits next to where I keep my chips. I will be going to the store later, but chips aren't on my list. I will probably walk down the chip aisles (yes, I said aisles, the grocery store I go to has 2 snack aisles), I will probably walk down it just to say "Hey bitches" & give them the finger. I have no desire or need for chips, for the first time in my life.

Another thing that occurred to me is that, again, while grabbing my banana, I have tortilla chips. As I said, I don't discriminate. The tortilla chips are even open. I haven't even opened the bag to have one. Jay eats them if he's there. They have probably been sitting there for well over a week. Normally, it's a good week if a bag of chips survives 3 days around me.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is the desire is gone & it hasn't been replaced by something else. THAT is a great thing!


Happily,

Elizabeth
grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

1 comment: