Saturday, July 24, 2010

Revelations 07:24

While at the Y this morning, two things occurred to me. I will tell you along with my musical selections, some random thoughts, a couple of pictures. Oh, and I owe you all three things I'm thankful for. My bad, I've been busy.

Before I get to my revelations, I just need to mention something that was said to me the other day. I was told by someone who has read my blog, and who shall remain nameless, that they don't read it anymore & won't. I also ask that no one try to guess or ask me who it is. What I write about makes them feel uncomfortable, it's bothersome. Well, that's how I took it, because this person couldn't find actual words for their feelings. Well, if what I write is tough for someone to read, then imagine being me, actually living in my head with my struggles & ways of coping. Maybe one day this person will read again, seeing my personal growth. We can only hope.

Anyway, my first thing I am thankful for: the landscaping company for the Y, I'm not sure if the Y requested this or what but outside the windows there are two butterfly bushes. Anyone who is on a treadmill, exercise bike or cross trainer is facing these windows. Well, when I've been there, there have been butterflies fluttering around the bushes. It makes me even happier to watch them while I exercise.

Revelation #1: I know why my confidence has been diminished. Mirrors. There are mirrors at the Y over in the weight area, for people to watch their form. That means I have to look at myself in the mirror & I see all of my imperfections, things that keep moving when I've stopped. I don't like looking at myself. Well, I have to get over that because all of those things I don't like can be fixed with hard work, dedication, time & perseverance. It won't be easy, it won't be pretty & it certainly will take time, but it can be done.

I lifted weights again today, a full body train. I don't spot train like most people you see lifting weights. Spot training is where you pick one single muscles group/area & work that only. I do the entire body, every time I lift. A lot of people who spot train have trouble trying to do a full body lift. I was friends with a guy who regularly spot trained. Well Donna, my trainer, offered to work him out in a full body lift. He couldn't finish. He became nauseous part of the way through, it was too much for him. Boys, lol.

My second thing I'm thankful for is the muscle shakes. When I get these, it tells me my muscles are happy, that they worked hard.

My weight lifting music today was my Britney Spears/Lady Gaga playlist I created. I don't know why, probably because the music makes me move. My workout consisted of the following:

2 sets of dumb bell squats
1 set of leg extensions (machine)
1 set of leg curls (prone, machine)
1 set of hip abductors (outer thigh, machine)
1 set of hip adductors (inner thigh, machine)
2 sets of lateral raises (dumb bell)
1 set of over head press (dumb bell)
1 set lateral pull downs (narrow)
1 set lateral pull downs (wide)
2 sets of flys (dumb bell)
1 set of bench press (dumb bell)
1 set of bicep curls (dumb bell)
1 set of hammer curls (dumb bell)
2 sets of tricep push downs (machine)
2 sets of crunches (machine)

Revelation #2: I don't have anyone I work out with. Before, I had Donna along with Elysia or my friend Amy when I lifted & I always had someone I was meeting to do cardio with. I was also face friendly with a few people, also giving a sense of comfort. I don't have to anyone now. It's just me. That makes me feel insecure. This will be something I have to work through & keep doing because, I'm sure over time I will become face friendly with some people, maybe even finding someone to meet up with. Until then.....

Third thing I'm thankful for: my brain for having the knowledge to be able to do a lot of things, not just exercise.

After doing all of that, I did 45 minutes of cardio on the cross trainer. On days I do lift weights, I don't put the resistance too high. I usually leave it at about a tension of 6. I want to be able to walk later, you know? I did play around with the crossramp some today. That changes the incline. I could feel it in my butt & that's a good thing!!! I try to maintain my heart rate about 135 while doing cardio. Again, on days I don't lift I use higher intensity songs, fluctuating my heart rate a bit more.

My musical selections:

Smells Like Funk - Black Eyed Peas
In My Bed (So So Def Mix) - Dru Hill
Hope You're Feeling Better - Santana
Imma Be - Black Eyed Peas
Do You Wanna Get Funky (Vocal Club Mix) - C & C Music Factory
King of the Dancehall - Beenie Man
Lo NuestroSe Fue (Remix) - Alex Rivera (Coro), Daddy Yankee, Ivy Queen & Wisin
Via Kartare Da - Punjabi MC
Good Morning - Punjabi MC
Maria - Ricky Martin

So I promised pictures. I want to show you what all that working out looks like. It's might be unsuitable for some people, that is if you don't like to see what hard work & sweat looks like!!




I remember to smile for you all!! The next picture isn't quite as nice.




Pretty gross, right?!?!?!?! Ewwwww!!!! I told you all it wasn't for the faint of heart!!!!














That's what I have for you all today. Have a great day!!!

Happily,

Elizabeth
grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Great pics! I always feel like taking a sweaty pic of myself, too. It's when I feel best :)

    It seems like you have great communication with the person who told you that reading your blog left them feeling uncomfortable. Maybe they felt like they were invading your privacy or reading your private journal?!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry! Love the photos! How do I get past not liking to be hot and/or sweaty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah - I didn't actually tell this person that. I'm hoping someday they read it & understand.

    Lisa - learn to love & embrace being hot & sweatya, it shows all your hardwork!

    ReplyDelete