Friday, July 30, 2010

Well, It's Happened...

Today. It happened today. The one thing I never thought would happen. I'm a little in shock. I'm oddly happy (my happiness never goes away, but this is a different happy). Let me tell you....

I mentioned to Jay the other day that I hadn't had wings in a long time. I don't remember the last time I even had them. I told him that too. Normally, I could tell you when I did last have them, I would eat them so damn much. I know gross but I had a lot of coping to do. Anyway.....

I thought I wanted them. I got the fixins' for them. I got everything ready & made them & boy was my stomach grumbling. When they were ready I got my pop & settled down to watch a little TV & enjoy them. When I tried to eat them, eh. They weren't good. I don't mean they were spoiled, they just didn't appeal to me. I choked down a couple because I did spend the money for the stuff. I ended up throwing the majority of them out. I guess the day has finally come for me. I wish Jay was around for me to tell him, it will have to wait...

I'm not even sad about it. I'm pissed because I spent money that went to waste but lesson learned. Now I know better.

Today, my friends, is a really great day!!!

Happily,

Elizabeth
grazingthroughlife@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. That's great news....but.....YOU THREW THEM OUT????? I OWULD HAVE DRIVEN OVER AND GOTTEN THEM!!!!! YOU THREW THEM OUT?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blasphemy! Wings, wasted. Poor wings. Shoulda taken them to work, or given them to your neighbor's dog!!

    All kidding aside, wow that is quite a development! 30+ years of "nurture" unraveling! I am so excited for you! That is quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's a terrible thing to waste food, especially wings. Sharing or giving them away never occurred to me. I just wanted them gone!

    ReplyDelete